- Create a route in Google Earth using the ‘Path’ tool.
- File -> Save to My Places
- File -> Save Place As (format Kml)
- Go to http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do
- Choose file (The one you just saved)
- Convert to Garmin Course TCX
- Open Garmin Training Center (Not Garmin Connect)
- File -> Import
- Select TCX file and import
- Your new route will appear in ‘Courses’
- Select your new route and in the ‘Device’ menu -> Send to device.
Archive for the ‘Technology’ Category
Ironman, Technology, Training on April 25, 2011 at 10:07 am
Here’s how to create a custom route in Google Earth and import it to your Garmin device.