In Training, Triathlon on June 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm
*Athlete: Corbin Kappler
*Name of Race/Event: Revolution 3 Olympic, Quassy in Middlebury, CT
*Race/Event Category: I raced in the 30-34 age group. I swam in the lead pack and into the age group ahead, I biked in the lead pack with the #1 female mostly, and the run pack was sparse.
Sleep: Plenty of sleep, 6 hours
Athlete Mood: I felt a little fatigued from last weeks training. I was mentally prepared and ready to race.
Pack Mood: I was riding and running with a much more
In Ironman, Technology, Training on April 25, 2011 at 10:07 am
Here’s how to create a custom route in Google Earth and import it to your Garmin device.
- Create a route in Google Earth using the ‘Path’ tool.
- File -> Save to My Places
- File -> Save Place As (format Kml)
- Go to http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do
- Choose file (The one you just saved)
- Convert to Garmin Course TCX
- Open Garmin Training Center (Not Garmin Connect)
- File -> Import
- Select TCX file and import
- Your new route will appear in ‘Courses’
- Select your new route and in the ‘Device’ menu -> Send to device.